Author Topic: New Member Contest Section  (Read 18091 times)

Offline angel

• Retired Staff Member
  • "Am I Spending Too Much Time Here?" Addict
  • PA Badges: 30
  • 974597763 tokens
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To angel
    • Pogo Badges: 50+
    New Member Contest Section
    « on: July 13, 2007, 08:45:20 AM »
    Welcome New Members to our Pogo Addiction Family!!

I am going to offer you an opportunity as a new member to increase your token count
    while learning a few of the site features along the way, through these few little contests.

I realize muddling your way around a new forum can be overwhelming, especially if you haven't had prior forum
    experience, but remember, each and every one of us was new to this at one point, and we would like to make
    your experience as pleasant, educational, and rewarding as possible!!  Have fun!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

**Please note, if you are going to submit for siggy tokens, I am looking for a picture for your signature, not text**

Let's start with those nifty pics you see under everyones posts. These are called signatures.

They are not mandatory but can dress up your posts and personalize who you are. You may choose one of these great
    beginner sigs, or use something of your own. Feel free to save any one and rehost it, as described in this tutorial: Image Hosting Tutorial

Follow this link to Kiki's tutorial "how to add graphics to your profile"- Graphics Tutorial

Larger graphics make it hard for our dial-up users to load pages, so please keep your pic in perspective.
    To see the siggy template, click here Sig Template

Once you have followed her steps and have successfully added your signature, come back here and post:
    "I added my siggy!!" (or however you wish to announce it ) and I will award you 25000 Tokens! :)

**And please be considerate when choosing a siggy.  Please do not snag members sigs to use as your own as they are usually designed specifically for the members by our graphics artists, or personally made by the member themselves.**

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Alright!! You have your siggy added, and it looks wonderful!!
    The next step we're going to master is the PA SHOP!!

Up top in the blue navigation bar you will see a link for it, or you can click here: SHOP

I would like a rock, as I am trying to build a nifty collection to be envied by all PA members for years to come.

1. Click the above link, and purchase a rock for 5 tokens.

2. Next you will click 'your inventory' to the left there, and once you are on your inventory page,

click 'send an item to someone'.

3. Type my name in the 'member name' box (angel) click the drop down box and find my rock, and then
    leave a message in the message box.  Once I have recieved notification that my rock was sent, I will award you
    2005 tokens!! (yes, 5, I don't expect you to suffer the loss for my rock obsession)  :)

Up next is PA badges!!

I mean c'mon, we love Pogo badges and PA offers you a chance to work on your games and earn cool site
    badges while you are doing it.  Once you have completed your first PA badge submission correctly, you will
    receive a badge album with your new badge!!

Start this mission off by reading the complete Badge tutorial here:  Badge Tutorial

After you have completed and submitted your first PA badge request, come back here and post:

"angel, I submitted my first badge request!!" (or however you wish to announce it)

I will check back often and once I see you have received your album with your new badge, I will
    award you 20,000 tokens!
    :)

Now wasn't that alot of fun?  You have your pockets bulging with tokens, and now you need
    to do something with them!!

This tutorial will tell you everything you need to know to earn, save and spend your tokens: PA Tokens

Enjoy, Have fun, and WELCOME TO POGOADDICTION!!

I will be reviewing the posts in this topic daily, as some members siggys need tweaking
    or it may take a bit for their new badges to show.

I will be removing posts regularly that don't actually apply to the achievement of the contest, as it makes
    me bleary eyed looking through each post to see if the new members have achieved their goals.
    « Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:55:55 AM by Lguy1967 »

Offline Honeycone2u

Re: New Member Contest Section
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »
    I added my siggy!!
    Posted on: May 16, 2011, 08:14:00 PM
    angel, I submitted my first badge request!!

badge shop n siggy tokens sent
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:02:01 PM by angel »

Offline aldhg

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:21:58 AM »
    :ohyea:  i added my siggy!!!!!!!!!  way to go me!!!  :nene:  
                                      :hahaha:

no seriously....  i did right, right
    siggy tokens/message sent
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:26:28 AM by angel »

Offline JenK

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 10:13:57 PM »
    I added my siggy!!  :ohyea:

siggy tokens sent
    Posted on: August 05, 2011, 12:30:39 AM
    Angel, I submitted my first weekly badge!
    shop and badge tokens sent
    « Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:45:20 PM by angel »

Offline xoalmaxo

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 07:16:45 PM »
    I added my siggy!! :tu:

siggy tokens sent
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:37:12 PM by angel »

Offline angel

• Retired Staff Member
    • "Am I Spending Too Much Time Here?" Addict
    • PA Badges: 30
    • 974597763 tokens
    • View Inventory
    • Send Money To angel
      • Pogo Badges: 50+
      « Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »
      Shop tokens sent to Eidnew1
      « Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:51:29 PM by angel »

Offline mdgonnab

• New Addict
      • PA Badges: 0
      • 27010 tokens
      • View Inventory
      • Send Money To mdgonnab
        • Pogo Screen Name: mdgonnab
        • Favorite Pogo Game: Mahjong Garden/Jungle Gin/Penguin Blocks
        • Pogo Badges: 700+
        « Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »
        I have added my siggy and an avatar to boot!!! I also sent Angel her rock!!

siggy and shop tokens sent
        « Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:15:55 PM by angel »

Offline mrshand

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 07:20:46 PM »
        I added my siggy, and sent a rock!

First badge requested as well!

siggy and shop tokens sent

badge tokens sent
        « Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:03:29 AM by Jguy1964 »

Facebook Comments