Linked Events

• Daily Inspirational Quote: August 24, 2018 - September 22, 2018

Author Topic: Daily Inspirational Quote  (Read 793 times)

Online billthedog082

• Social Coordinator
  • "Way too Exposed" Addict
  • PA Badges: 1981
  • Pogo Screen Name: billthedog082
  • Pogo Badges: 4000+
  • 9999999999 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To billthedog082
Daily Inspirational Quote
« on: February 19, 2018, 03:40:36 PM »

Spoiler: show

As most of you know, I have been a dedicated Lioness since 2005.  We have one little social thing that we do at our club, called Secret Pal.  At our Christmas party we let our previous Secret Pal go on to her new one, and pick a new Secret Pal out of a hat.  The responsibility of being a Secret Pal is to gift something at birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmas - all else is optional.  Most of us end up giving a little sumthin' sumthin' every month.  The receiving Secret Pal just gets some fun stuff, no responsibilities whatsoever except perhaps some gratitude.  Gifts are handed out at the monthly meeting.  Last month, I got an Inspiration Calendar which isn't getting enough use.  I thought that perhaps I could keep my interest in the Calendar if I shared the daily quote.   I don't post on FaceBook (where you can get tons of this stuff), and decided this was a good alternative.  Anyway, you can read my daily quote, and comment, or post one of your own, or do nothing.  It's totally up to you.  I will just add to this thread until December 31.  I hope I learn some good stuff!

February 19

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time.  We are the ones we've been waiting for.  We are the change that we seek.  -   Barack Obama

February 20

You have to constantly redefine who you are.  -   M.I.A.

February 21

We can't take any credit for our talents.  It's how we use them that counts.  -   Madeleine L'Engle

February 22
I have no methods, all I do is accept people as they are.  -   Joan Rivers

February 23

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.  -   Anton Chekhov

February 24

A lot of people are afraid to say what they want.  That's why they don't get what they want.  -   Madonna

February 25

The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month.  -   Fyodor Dostoyevsky

February 26

You are on the eve of a complete victory.  You can't go wrong.  The world is behind you.  -   Josephine Baker

February 27

If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.  -   Beyoncé

February 28

There are years that ask questions and years that answer.  -   Zora Neale Hurston

March 1

Life is very interesting... in the end some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths. -   Drew Barrymore

March 2

You build on failure.  You use it as a stepping stone.  Close the door on the past.  You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it.  You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space. -   Johnny Cash

March 3

Never do things others can do and will do if there are things others cannot do or will not do. -   Amelia Earhart

March 4

There is in this world no such force as the force of a man determined to rise. -   W.E.B. Du Bois

March 5

It's never too late -- never too late to start over, never too late to be happy. -   Jane Fonda

March 6

It ain't over 'til it's over. -   Yogi Berra

March 7

I get angry about things, then go on and work. -   Toni Morrison

March 8

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities.  Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. -   Gloria Steinem

March 9

Find out who you are and be that person.  That's what your soul was put on this Earth to be.  Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will come. -   Ellen DeGeneres

March 10

When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel this positive enery  It's very simple. -   Paulo Coetho

March 11

There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made. -   Michelle Obama

March 12

Today you are you!  That is truer than true!  There is no one alive who is you-er than you! -   Dr. Seuss

March 13

One must not let oneself be overwhelmed by sadness. -   Jackie Kennedy

March 14

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career.  I've lost almost 300 games.  Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.  I've failed over and over and over again in my life.  And that is why I succeed. -   Michael Jordan

March 15

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. -   Frederick Douglass

March 16

If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. -   Roald Dahl

March 17

You will learn a lot about yoursel if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, or emotional bravery.  Be a warrior for love. -   Cheryl Strayed

March 18

There are no regrets in life.  Just lessons. -   Jennifer Anisten

March 19

Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. -   Jerry Garcia

March 20

If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, then you are an excellent leader. -   Dolly Parton

March 21

Sometimes letting go is an act of far greater power than defending or holding on. -   Eckhart Tolle

March 22

I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward. -   Charlotte Brontë

March 23

Try and fail, but never fail to try. -   Jared Leto

March 24

The only way things will change will be when we're all wilder, louder, riskier, sillier, unexpectedly overflowing with surprise.  -   Jill Soloway

March 25

You miss 100 per cent of the shots you don't take.  -   Wayne Gretsky

March 26

Real girls aren't perfect, and perfect girls aren't real.  -   Courtney Love

March 27

And always embrace things, people earth sky stars, as I do, freely and with the appropriate sense of space.  -   Frank O'Hara

March 28

You change the world by being yourself.  -   Yoko Ono

March 29

When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.  -   Alexander Graham Bell

March 30

The times may have changed, but the people are still the same.  We're still looking for love, and that will always be our struggle as human beings.  -   Halle Berry

March 31

The minute that you're not learning I believe you're dead.  -   Jack Nicholson

April 1

Happiness is the secret to all beauty, there is no beauty that is attractive without happiness. -   Christian Dior

April 2

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree. -   Martin Luther

April 3

Take it easy, but take it. -   Woody Guthrie

April 4

Keep working hard and you can get anything that you want.  If God gave you the talent, you should go for it.  But don't think it's going to be easy.  It's hard! -   Aaliyah

April 5

To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard. -   Allen Ginsberg

April 6

Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.  You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.  -   Lucille Ball

April 7

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.  -   John Lennon

April 8

Don't compromise yourself.  You're all you've got.  -   Janis Joplin

April 9

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.  -   Charles Darwin

April 10

Nothing in life comes easily.  Everything comes with sacrifice.  -   Rihanna

April 11

Every moment is a fresh beginning.  -   T.S. Eliot

April 12

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.  -   Maya Angelou

April 13

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.  Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Being willing is not enough, we must do.  -   Leonardo da Vinci

April 14

There are things to confess that enrich the world, and things that need not be said.  -   Joni Mitchell

April 15

What we need is to use what we have.  -   Susan Sontag

April 16

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.  -   Ayn Rand

April 17

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.  -   Aristotle Onassis

April 18

Don't play what's there, play what's not there.  -   Miles Davis

April 19

Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment.  There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution.  -   Deepak Chopra

April 20

Fashion fades, only style remains the same.  -   Coco Chanel

April 21

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.  -   Aesop

April 22

What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.  -   Jane Goodall

April 23

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.  -   Desmond Tutu

April 24

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.  Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.  -   Marie Curie

April 25

There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for.  -   Tom Robbins

April 26

A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.  -   Carly Simon

April 27

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.  -   Kurt Vonnegut

April 28

The unexpected connections we make might not last, yet stay with us forever.  -   Sofia Coppola

April 29

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too.  That's a part of it.  -   Denzel Washington

April 30

Hate is too great a burden to bear.  It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.  -   Coretta Scott King

May 1

When you're different, sometimes you don't see the millions of people who accept you for what you are.  All you notice is the person who doesn't.  -   Jodi Picoult

May 2

We cannot put off living until we are ready.  The most salient characteristic of life is its urgency, here and now; without any possible postponement.  Life is fired at us point-blank.  -   José Ortega y Gasset

May 3

I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.  -   Rita Mae Brown

May 4

Do or do not. There is no try.  -   Yoda

May 5

Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  -   Harritt Tubman

May 6

You never really learn as much from hearing yourself talk.  -   George Clooney

May 7

When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.  -   Malala Yousafzai

May 8

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.  -   Henry Ford

May 9

Memories of our lives, of our works, and our deeds will continue in others.  -   Rosa Parks

May 10

Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.  -   Babe Ruth

May 11

Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end.  It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing, it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it.  -   Margaret Thatcher

May 12

If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story.  -   Orson Wells

May 13

Life is so much bigger, grander, higher, and wider than we allow ourselves to think.  -   Queen Latifah

May 14

Somebody who can reckon with the past, who canlive with the past in the present, and move towards the future -- that's fabulous.  -   Bruce Springsteen

May 15

I am not going to die, I'm going home like a shooting star.  -   Sojourner Truth

May 16

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.  Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.  -   Eminem

May 17

We all have bad days, but one thing is true, no cloud is so dark that the sun can't shine through.  -   Miranda Kerr

May 18

I think that the power is the principle.  The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you've done.  -   Robert Downey Jr.

May 19

In this world and the world of tomorrow, we must go forward together or not at all.  -   Hillary Clinton

May 20

All growth depends upon activity.  There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.  -   Calvin Coolidge

May 21

If what's inside your dreams wasn't already real inside you, you couldn't even dream it.  -   Gloria Steinem

May 22

We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.  -   Ronald Reagan

May 23

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.  -   Anne Frank

May 24

The biggest risk is not taking any risk.  -   Mark Zuckerberg

May 25

When life seems hard, the courageous do not lie down and accept defeat; instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future.  -   Queen Elizabeth II

May 26

When you love something, you'll always come back to it.  You'll always keep asking questions, and finding answers.  -   Kobe Bryant

May 27

Sometimes there's not a better way.  Sometimes there's only the hard way.  -   Mary E. Pearson

May 28

A man can be as great as he wants to be.  If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.  -   Vince Lombardi

May 29

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it.  -   Edith Wharton

May 30

I wish I could show you, when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.  -   Hafiz

May 31

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.  -   Beverly Sill

June 01

You can waste your lives drawing lines.  Or you can live your life crossing them.  -   Shonda Rhimes

June 02

If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort.  -   Stephen G. Weinbaum

June 03

Take what you can use and let the rest go by.  -   Ken Kesey

June 04

Be prepareed toeither reap the rewards or live with the consequences of what you deem acceptable of yourself.  -   Kevin Ngo

June 05

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.  -   Frances Farmer

June 06

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.  -   John Wayne

June 07

If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.  -   Princess Diana

June 08

I always see other people as predecessors and admire them.  -   Judd Apatow

June 09

If you can't go straight ahead, you go around the corner.  -   Cher

June 10

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.  -   Thomas Jefferson

June 11

I don't wait for moods.  You accomplish nothing if you do that.  Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.  -   Pearl S. Buck

June 12

If you're not willing to work hard, let someone else do it.  I'd rather be with someone who does a horrible job, but gives 110 percent than with someone who does a good job and gives 60 percent.  -   Will Smith

June 13

You don't have to have fought in a war to love peace.  -   Geraldine Ferraro

June 14

Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.  -   Ferris Bueller

June 15

Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.  -   Margaret Cho

June 16

Dreams come true.  Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.  -   John Updike

June 17

Nothing is more beautifu than the smile that has struggled through the tears.  -   Demi Levato

June 18

There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.  -   Usain Bolt

June 19

Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.  -   Golda Meir

June 20

I grew up in an immigrant neighborhood.  We just knew the rule was you're going to have to work twice as hard.  -   Lin-Manuel Miranda

June 21

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.  -   Farrah Gray

June 22

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -   e e cummings

June 23

Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat.  -   Ann Landers

June 24

You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.  -   Abraham Lincoln

June 25

If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.  -   Erica Jong

June 26

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.  -   Buddha

June 27

When I'm tired, I rest.  I say, I can't be a superwoman today.  -   Jada Pinkett Smith

June 28

Why is it that English, drama, and music teachers are most often recalled as our mentors and inspirations?  Maybe because artists are rarely members of the popular crowd.  -   Roger Ebert

June 29

Always keep your smile.  That's how I explain my long life.  -   Jeanne Calment

June 30

A professional is a person who can do his best at a time when he doesn't particularly feel like it.  -   Alistair Cooke

July 01

My life is one long curve, full of turning points.  -   Pierre Trudeau

July 02

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it.  The time will pass anyway.  -   Earl Nightingale

July 03

I have been very happy with my homes, but homes really are no more than the people who live in them.  -   Nancy Reagan

July 04

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.  -   George Washington

July 05

The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking.  -   Mia Hamm

July 06

We all have dreams.  But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.  -   Jesse Owens

July 07

Let us remember: one book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.  -   Malala Yousafzai

July 08

Our plans miscarry because they have no aim.  When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind.  -   Seneca

July 09

Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.  -   Zelda Fitzgerald

July 10

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.  -   Lao Tzu

July 11

Think globally, act locally.  -   Paul McCartney

July 12

The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.  -   Peggy O'Mara

July 13

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.  -   Will Rogers

July 14

Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.  -   Jodie Foster

July 15

Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.  -   Saint Francis of Assisi

July 16

Done is better than perfect.  -   Sheryl Sandberg

July 17

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.  -   Friedrich Nietzsche

July 18

I do not try to dance etter than anyone else.  I only try to dance better than myself.  -   Arianna Huffington

July 19

Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.  -   George Bernard Shaw

July 20

There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now.  I might as well take a nap."  -   Carrie Fisher

July 21

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.  -   The 14th Dalai Lama

July 22

If you're someone people count on, particularly in difficult moments, that's a sign of a life lived honorably.  -   Rachel Maddow

July 23

In art and dream may you proceed with abandon.  In life may you proceed with balance and stealth.  -   Patti Smith

July 24

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark, the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.  -   Plato

July 25

Whenever you are blue or lonely or stricken by some humiliating thing you did, the cure and the hope is in caring about other people.  -   Diane Sawyer

July 26

The best revenge is massive success.  -   Frank Sinatra

July 27

I am always busy, which is perhaps the chief reason why I am always well.  -   Elizabeth Cady Stanton

July 28

Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence.  -   Henry David Thoreau

July 29

Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it.  -   Harper Lee

July 30

A lot of people give up just before they're about to make it.  You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one.  -   Chuck Norris

July 31

Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cause you're really a yawn if it goes.  -   Bette Midler

August 1

What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.  -   Plutarch

August 2

I firmly believe you never should spend your time being the former anything.  -   Condoleezza Rice

August 3

I believe there's an inner power that makes winners or losers.  And the winners are the tones who really listen to the truth of their hearts.  -   Sylvester Stallone

August 4

What counts can't always be counted; what can be counted doesn't always count.  -   Albert Einstein

August 5

Unclose your mind.  You are not a prisoner.  You are a bird in flight, searching the skies for dreams.  -   Haruki Murakami

August 6

Character, the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life, is the source from which self-respect springs.  -   Joan Didion

August 7

Live for each second without hesitation.  -   Elton John

August 8

You can't please everyone, and you can't make everyone like you.  -   Katie Couric

August 9

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.  -   Malcolm X

August 10

The first duty of love is to listen.  -   Paul Tillich

August 11

Man is not the creature of circumstances, circumstances are the creatures of men.  -   Benjamin Disraeli

August 12

Drama is very important in life.  You have to come on with a bang.  You never want to go out with a whimper.  -   Julia Child

August 13

Quiet people have the loudest minds.  -   Stephen Hawking

August 14

If your dream is a big dream, and if you want your life to work on the high level that you say you do, there's no way around doing the work it takes to get you there.  -   Joyce Chapman

August 15

When you start to develop your powers of empathy and imagination, the whole world opens up to you.  -   Susan Sarandon

August 16

Create your own path, hone your talent, be ready to show your talent, and don't doubt yourself.  -   Ice Cube

August 17

Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.  -   David Foster Wallace

August 18

When you're through changing, you're through.  -   Martha Stewart

August 19

People often say that motivation doesn't last.  Well, neither does bathing.  That's why we recommend it daily.  -   Zig Ziglar

August 20

You have to trust in what you think.  If you splinter yourself and try to please everyone, you can't.  -   Anne Leibovitz

August 21

There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.  -   Booker T. Washington

August 22

He who believes is strong, he who doubts is weak.  Strong convictions precede great actions.  -   Louisa May Alcott

August 23

You can be the lead in your own life.  -   Kerry Washington

August 24

Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.  -   Guy Finley

August 25

Look your best -- who said love is blind?  -   Mae West

August 26

Successful men and women keep moving.  They make mistakes but they don't quit.  -   Conrad Hilton

August 27

If you really want to get along with somebody, let them be themselves.  -   Willie Nelson

August 28

We forget that every good that is worth possessing must be paid for in strokes of daily effort.  We postpone and postpone, until those smiling possibilities are dead.  -   William James

August 29

I believe that you're here on Earth for a short ime, and while you're here, you shouldn't forget it.  -   Bea Arthur

August 30

It does not atter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.  -   Confucius

August 31

You are the one that possesses the keys to your being.  You carry the passport to your own happiness.  -   Diane von Furstenberg

September 1

There are no secrets to success.  It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.  -   Colin Powell

September 2

We need to start work with the idea that we're going to learn every day.  I learn, even at my position, every single day.  -   Chanda Kochhar

September 3

I choose a lazy person to do a hard job.  Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.  -   Bill Gates

September 4

In this life, to earn your place you have to fight for it.  -   Shakira

September 5

For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.  -   Bruce Lee

September 6

Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.  -   Rachel Zoe

September 7

Our doubts are traitors, and makes us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.  -   William Shakespeare

September 8

I I stop to kick every barking dog, I am not going to get where I'm going.  -   Jackie Joyner-Kersee

September 9

Change your thoughts and you change your world.  -   Norman Vincent Peale

September 10

It's not the absence of fear, it's overcoming it.  Sometimes you've got to blast through and have faith.  -   Emma Watson

September 11

No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion.  People must learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.  -   Nelson Mandela

September 12

I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability.  -   Caitlin Jenner

September 13

A wonderful thing about true laughter is that it just destroys any kind of system of dividing people.  -   John Cleese

September 14

The best training is to play by ear: trial by fire.  -   John Legend

September 15

The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.  -   Napoleon Hill

September 16

It's necessary to maintain a state of disobedience against... everything.  -   Alice Notley

September 17

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.  -   Chinese proverb

September 18

Strength does not come from winning.  Your struggles develop your strengths.  When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.  -   Arnold Schwarzenegger

« Last Edit: Today at 06:37:34 AM by billthedog082 »
Thank you paintnut2 for my pretty siggies!

Offline essbee

Re: Daily Inspirational Quote
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 06:52:48 AM »
 :panda: thank you

Online FreddieB

• Social Coordinator
  • "Am I Spending Too Much Time Here?" Addict
  • PA Badges: 1633
  • Pogo Badges: 4000+
  • 898924267 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To FreddieB