?

?

Author Topic: Windows 11  (Read 161 times)

Offline billthedog082

• Social Coordinator
  • "Way too Exposed" Addict
  • PA Badges: 2029
  • Pogo Screen Name: billthedog082
  • Pogo Badges: 4000+
  • 9999999969 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To billthedog082
Windows 11
« on: March 26, 2022, 11:24:43 AM »
Hi all!

I am one of the worst people when it comes to change.  I hate it, I resist it, and I don't bow down in defeat until there is absolutely no alternative.  My favourite Windows product of all time is 7.  But so many sites and software products no long support 7.  When software that my livelihood depended on no longer supported 7, I was stuck with an "absolutely no alternative", and I upgraded my working laptop to 10, with a grimace.  I still have a PC that runs 7, for old software that has never been upgraded by its manufacturer, but necessary from some of the stuff that I do.  All that excitement took place about a year ago.  And Windows 10 was not so scary - a bit of a different appearance, but the same functionality.  What was I worried about?

In the fall, my laptop decided that after 7 years in existence (and purchased refurbished) it was going to retire.  Recently my IT guy brought me a brand new Windows 11 machine.  WHAT????  I just got used to 10!!  I have been working with my new machine, and I don't see a lot of difference.  My Microsoft Outlook still needs A LOT of tweaking, and other than that I was OK with what Windows 11 had to offer.  Until....

They changed the Paint program.  I use Paint quite a bit.  At least twice a day, more if I am playing catchup, I am in Paint.  Windows 11 Paint has a PERMANENT ribbon.  And it is HUMUNGOUS!  I have to have an oddball resolution on my monitor for my aging eyes, so there are about two square inches (maybe I exaggerate a bit) of working space.  It is quite distracting. 

I know, I know, if this is my biggest problem, then I'm a lucky girl.  I happen to be a problem solver, though, so I turned to my old friend Google.  First, I found out that definitely that ribbon is permanent.  Second, there is a Downloadable for Paint called Classic Paint for Windows 10.  (Google Windows 10 Paint, it's at the top of the list.)  I had to go to my local computer fixit place in town to pick up some other supplies, so I asked the very kind fellow there about the website, and he said it was reliable and safe.  So I came home and did what I had to do, and now I have Windows 10 Classic Paint on my 11 machine.  And it works!

I know a lot of my friends here on PogoAddiction are quite proficient using Paint, so if any of you are aggravated with your Windows 11 Paint, here is a solution.  If you think I am just being silly, that's OK too, silly is my middle name.

Stay safe, stay well, watch out for your friends and neighbours: it's where you live and you are a playing a big part in making the world go around, whether anyone gives you credit for it or not. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 11:33:40 AM by billthedog082 »
Thank you paintnut2  for my pretty siggies!

Tiny URL:

Who's Online