Author Topic: Tutorial: PogoAddiction Badges 101 - Where to start and what to do!  (Read 36445 times)

Offline kikihellman

PogoAddiction Badge Challenges 101

Just can’t get enough of those pogo challenges, can you?  Well, neither can we!  PogoAddiction offers a plethora of extra-special challenges in your favorite games! 

Weekly Challenges
Every Friday, two new weekly challenges appear on the PA Forum Badges page—find it by clicking on the PA Forum Badges Badges at the top of the forum.

Over the on the upper left-hand side, you’ll find a long list of menu options—this will give you the links to all the information you’ll need for PogoAddiction challenges!  I strongly recommend reading the FAQ; in fact, here’s link:

PogoAddiction Badge FAQ

Mid-page, you’ll find this week’s challenges—are you up to the challenge?? 

But how do you go about it, you might ask?  After all, this is PogoAddiction; our badges (and their albums) stay here in pogoaddictionland (you won't find them in your Pogo badge album).  We participate in these challenges via screenshots (ss).  Unfamiliar with taking screenshots?  Let’s walk through a challenge together (if you’re familiar with how that works, skip all the way past #7):

Starting the Challenge and Screenshots

Before you start you will need to get a screenshot program.  You get one by following this link:
http://pogoaddiction.com/pogoaddictionforum/index.php/topic,363.0.html (Follow at least steps 1 to 3 on that page.  You can then follow steps 4 through the end, or follow the alternative instructions below.  Both will end with the same result)

1.  Play the Pogo game cited in the challenge.  For this example, let’s use the Dice City Rollers "Club Suite Badge".  We need to win 50 or more auctions to get our PogoAddiction Badge for this. 

* * *Often, there are several ways of proving you've completed the challenge.  The reason LittleOne doesn't spell this out in detail is that we want you to do what is easiest for you.  You could take individual screenshots of all 50 winning auctions (but that's just plain nuts), or you could play Dice City Rollers all day without closing your game and take just one screenshot of your current stats.  Maybe the safest way to go for many of these challenges that depend on a screenshot of your stats is to take a before-and-after shot.  That way, if your computer poops out on you or you get the Mighty Pogo Boot or just want to go paint your toenails, you're safe.  Note that for the Shuffle Bump challenge posted above, you would need 10 screenshots as the challenge criteria does not show up in your stats. * * *

2.  Now before you wade into the wide world of pogo real estate, locate your Print- Screen-SysRq button, in the upper right-hand corner of your keyboard.   This button will essentially take a picture of whatever is on your screen.  Open your preferred graphics program (on windows systems, this would be MSPaint by default, but it can be whatever one you prefer to use—make a shortcut button for it on your desktop, if you haven’t already).         

3.  Bring up your current stats, making sure you have the required number of auctions won (whether in one session or as the "after" stat) and hit the Print-Screen-SysRq key.

4.  Bring up your graphics program and paste (right-click or ctrl-v) the image onto the blank page.  Voila!  There is the game you’ve been playing! 

5.  Let’s clean it up a little bit.  Use the cropping tool to get rid of any unnecessary flotsam.

If this is an image you’re going to post in the forum, use the eraser to remove any personal information and all pogo players names from the chat box area (if you’ve included it).  If it is solely for the PA challenge, you needn’t worry about that as the only person who sees it is LittleOne.

6.  Now choose File> Save as and give it a name. 

Take note of the “Save as type” field!  Make sure you choose JPEG or .jpg; bitmaps (.bmp) are huge data hogs and won’t work well on many image hosts or in forum fields.

At this point, refer to the PogoAddiction thread on using image hosts.  An image host will take that screenshot and “hold” it for you, giving you an address you can use as a link or to present the image in forums.  For the PA challenges, you’ll want the http address.  You can find more information here:

Image Hosting Sites and How to Use Them on PogoAddiction

7.  Complete the challenge with any additional required screenshots just as you did with this one. 

Submitting the Challenges
Refer to the Link pasted below for the Step by Step on where to find and how to use the Submission Form:

Tutorial: How to Request a Badge/Use the Submission Form

As you get the hang of submitting screenshots, you may want to simplify submitting those multi-shot challenges.  It's not necessary, but it does make things easier for both you and Little! You will pick up on those tricks as times goes on, but for now, you have the simple and basic process.  No need to try and get cute all at once ;)

***If you have a question about the challenges--what screenshot to take, etc—do NOT use the Request/Submission form to ask!  Once you’ve submitted your challenges, they’re submitted.  It’s better to ask for clarification before hand, or to browse some of the other tutorials and FAQ pages.  Someone will have the answers to your questions!  Common sense is the key--any screenshot will do as long as it clearly shows the challenge criteria.

There you go!  That should get you started on our great PogoAddiction Badge Challenges!  Once you start, you won’t want to stop!  Don’t miss the Timeless Badges section; you can do these at any time!  And for the truly dedicated check out the PogoAddiction Premium Badge Albums and Mix-and-Match Badges available for purchase in our Shop.

We always have Friday PA Socials to help each other out with PogoAddiction Challenges, either as a helpful partner in Spades or just for some moral support, so check out the Socials Board and Calendars and join us there!

Feel free to PM and Staff Member if you have any additional PA Weekly Challenge questions!  Please note that all of the blue-lettered phrases and sentences in this post are hyperlinks that will take you directly to that information with just a click!  Happy Badge Hunting!

Posted on: July 12, 2006, 11:28:20 AM
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:58:06 AM by kikihellman »

Offline upleaseme

Re: Tutorial: PogoAddiction Badges 101 - Where to start and what to do!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »
This looks easy ..Thanks for for expertise.   Come help me when you have time ,,,lol <3

Offline arrow10_

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 09:36:15 PM »
 :ohyea: i really like playing and working on badges buy i dont really now how to began

Offline sassythecat2003

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 05:58:09 PM »
can you fly to my house its over there <<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>i still dont understand

sabrina

Offline cherrylea

• Diamond Member
  • "I've Got it that Bad" Addict
  • PA Badges: 124
  • 25924440 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To cherrylea
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 04:20:55 AM »
is there a specific question in order to give us an idea of just what aspect you need help with?

As for not knowing where to begin, the best way would be to click on PA forum badges at the top and choose one of this weeks 2 badge games

Everyone wins bingo is a nice one to do to get you started. Correctly place 100 daubs (takes 2-3 games of 5 card to complete; check your current game stats  in your profile/when it says you have 100 or higher daubs placed take a screen shot of your profile , once you have your stats loaded into a image site follow the step by step instructions at the top of the thread). Once you submit your badge request it can take a few days for the badge to show up in your profile.

New weekly badges are listed sometime every friday.

Good luck

Offline debby3461us

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
hi I posted some badges, acorn amid the leave (everyone wins bingo) and It's all about the 3' (canasta) and aslo one for dice city roller too. how do i find the badges I have won?
'

Offline angel

• Retired Staff Member
  • "Am I Spending Too Much Time Here?" Addict
  • PA Badges: 30
  • Pogo Badges: 50+
  • 974597763 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To angel
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 04:51:37 PM »

hi I posted some badges, acorn amid the leave (everyone wins bingo) and It's all about the 3' (canasta) and aslo one for dice city roller too. how do i find the badges I have won?
'

by clicking on  your profile, and then on the left in the profile info box, you will see 'PogoAddiction Badges'.  Keep in mind that LittleOne needs to approve all badge submissions, create and album then add your badges once approved.  It isn't an instant process.
Also...your avatar (the pic to the left of your posts) needs to be made much much smaller please  ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 04:51:59 PM by angel »

Offline kikihellman

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 05:48:25 PM »

and debby, bear in mind that ONLY the TWO weekly badge challenges are free ones; this week it's Monopoly Slots and Blackjack Carnival.  one of those you cited is a PA Mix-and-Match badge--you'll need to purchase and redeem a Mix-and-Match ticket from the PA Shop in order to qualify for it.  the acorn badge was an old one from last august--the only way you can play for that one right now is by redeeming a PA Personal Challenge Ticket first.

one little approves your badge requests, you'll find them in your album by going to your profile and clicking on "PogoAddiction Badges" right above the Request a Badge link.

Offline dj5lee

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
I just completed the requirements for this week's Magic Armadillo Badge in Texas Hold'em Poker but when I go to "Request a Badge" that challenge no longer appears although it was there yesterday.  I'm confused as to why this has happened.   ???  Is there a limit to how many peeps can ask for a badge?  Or, can only one weekly challenge per week be requested?
Thanks for your help,
Dianne

Offline kikihellman

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »

did you submit that challenge (or any other challenge) yesterday?  usually it only disappears as an option when you've already requested it (although it may not show up immediately in your album; littleone needs to check those first).

there's no limit to how many can request the badge, and you can do both weekly challenges as your time and desire allows.

Offline dj5lee

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »
I did submit the Royal Porker Badge in Hog Heaven Slots yesterday, but I don't believe that I requested the Magic Armadillo Badge in Texas Hold'em Poker yesterday.

Offline kikihellman

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 04:01:58 PM »

is it possible that you inadvertently selected the wrong game yesterday?  is the hog heaven challenge still available?

Offline Caylene_Rachelle

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 10:49:22 PM »
OK so I am not 100% sure that I understand exactly what I have to do....but I am going to try it. And hopefully it works! Wish me Luck!!

Offline Meckfessel-Armel

• New Addict
  • PA Badges: 8
  • Pogo Screen Name: Meckfesselg
  • Favorite Pogo Game: all of them
  • Pogo Badges: 4000+
  • Addicted Immediately to my husband and to PA
    • none
  • 421953 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Meckfessel-Armel
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 08:03:49 PM »
Can someone explain to me in simnple terms how to get started and how to post mmy badges for this

Offline angel

• Retired Staff Member
  • "Am I Spending Too Much Time Here?" Addict
  • PA Badges: 30
  • Pogo Badges: 50+
  • 974597763 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To angel
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 10:12:43 PM »
meck, this tutorial is about as simple as it can be.  Just follow the steps one at a time and before you know it you will be on your way to your badge submissions for PA.  Perhaps open more than one browser window so you can refer back to the tutorial as you complete the steps?  

Tiny URL:

Who's Online